Monday, May 24, 2010

Note On Health Care

I'm sure many have read and heard about the health care debate this year and many of you have very differing opinions on it, I am sure.

But here is a quick tidbit on my view, being the unfortunate recipient of a pre-existing condition.

Without insurance, my insulin costs me 126.99 at the local Walgreen's. This drug is necessary for continuing my life, to say the least, lol. So, add to the fact that millions of Americans don't have insurance and many insurance companies don't cover these conditions -- at least, without charging you your future financial stabilty for it -- and life becomes, well, complicated. Life begins revolving around "I need to afford my medicine" as opposed to "I need to better myself and those around me".

With the job market these days, it is tough to find a job with decent benefits, if at all. All these issues combined allow one to see their future shrink into the sunset while struggling to pay for the one thing they need to survive (not to mention paying for doctor's visits without insurance, syringes, test stripes that run about a dollar a strip or more, and insulin pump supplies).

I just received my health benefits, luckily, and now my insulin will cost less than $25.  Think of the savings each year!

And think of how that would help our economy.

Now, how about that health reform?

Facebook Twitter MySpace del.icio.us Digg it Google Gmail

No comments:

Post a Comment